How to use terminal to change mac-cache-ttl

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Oct 6 20:20:32 CEST 2011

On 10/5/11 7:55 PM, Vortran66 wrote:
> I have a very limited knowledge of using terminal in Mac.  Can someone tell
> me what commands I would need to enter to do this.

Although I think that using Terminal.app is fun, natural and sensible,
it's possible that I'm psychotic.

If you *want* to learn how to use Terminal.app, you might find it
enjoyable.  If you just want to make the darn thing work, the more you
wrestle with Terminal.app the more frustrated you'll get.

The good news is that I've put together a small Python script that will
(hopefully) make things a little easier on you.  Give me a day or two to
do more bughunting, and once it's done it should be pretty easy on you
to edit these values.

Anyone who knows both Python and OS X: please feel free to check out --

	http://keyservers.org/~rjh/agent-alter-1.0.tar.bz2
	http://keyservers.org/~rjh/agent-alter-code.pdf
	http://keyservers.org/~rjh/agent-alter.pdf

You'll need Norman Ramsey's Noweb package installed in order to rebuild
from the Noweb source, but you can also just look inside src/ to get a
pre-extracted version (named "agent-alter").  Alternately, just read the
two PDFs.  Any and all bug finds gratefully accepted.  Let's see if we
can't get something ready for this guy by the weekend.  :)