Why revoke a key?

David Manouchehri me at davidmanouchehri.com
Mon Oct 10 00:58:53 CEST 2011

That's really up to you, how much you value security or not.  It
depends on many factors, like what the key was used for; ie, if this
was the Ubuntu software PGP key, you should revoke it as others are
depending on it to be secure.  If you used it for just signing a few
files here and there, it's probably fine.

In general, once you've lost confidence in the security of the key,
you should revoke it.  I personally only take around subkeys that
expire every six months, so even if I lose that key, soon enough it
won't matter.

David Manouchehri