Why revoke a key?

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Mon Oct 10 10:06:49 CEST 2011

When you start a new topic please create a new message, don't just reply
to an old one and change the subject. Doing the latter causes your
message to be "hidden" under the old ones for those of us who use
threaded mail readers.

On 10/09/2011 14:30, takethebus at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> in which cases should I revoke a key in general?
>
> Let's  say  I  have my private key on an USB stick and lose the stick
> somewhere in public. The key is protected by the mantra. I'm sure,
> nobody knows the mantra except  me. Should I revoke the key or could
> I keep on working with a copy of it?

You already got good answers to this question, it depends on how much
other people are depending on the security of your key.

			-- OK Go