STEED - Usable end-to-end encryption

yyy yyy at yyy.id.lv
Wed Oct 19 10:20:39 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Werner Koch" <wk at gnupg.org>
To: "Jerome Baum" <jerome at jeromebaum.com>
Cc: <gnupg-users at gnupg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: STEED - Usable end-to-end encryption

> On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:35, jerome at jeromebaum.com said:
>
>> operations will be the most important part to making that work, and the
>> ISPs don't have to help out there (modulo webmail which isn't even
>> end-point).
>
> Even webmail.  It is easy to write a browser extension to do the crypto
> stuff.  Installing browser extensions is even easier than installing
> most other software.

There is firegpg plugin for firefox, and it does not works well with
latest versions (installing it in firefox5 was not straightforward).
I am not aware of any other public key encryption plugin
for firefox or for any other browser. Some webmails have
POP3/IMAP/SMTP, but some does not. (for example inbox.lv
for qute long time had only POP3, but not SMTP)