STEED - Usable end-to-end encryption

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Oct 25 14:54:55 CEST 2011

On 10/25/11 5:26 AM, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> So if we can't motivate users by showing the bad stuff that can
> happen if you have no privacy, then how to do it? I don't see any
> other way.

Years ago W.D. Richter wrote a fictitious interview between the two
fictitious characters Reno Nevada and Buckaroo Banzai.  It sums up my
position quite well.

=====

Q: You lament the decline of the great causes -- civil rights, the
antiwar movement, the war on poverty, the exploration of space -- and
the all-consuming preoccupation with the self in today's culture.  But
what gave birth to these great causes to begin with?