STEED - Usable end-to-end encryption

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Oct 25 20:40:42 CEST 2011

On 25/10/11 17:09, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> I disagree.  The problem with the current proposal is it offers email
> providers no payoff for their work.  If it could credibly be said,
> "implement STEED and you'll get 25% less spam across your network,"
> email providers would be lining up around the block to participate.

Yes, and if it could credibly be said "implement STEED and you'll get 10% more
clients", you'd need crowd control. Unfortunately, both "ifs" are not met. When
you try to create the perfect standard that solves all e-mail problems, it
quickly becomes a terrible mess. You need focus and compartmentalisation, draw
some boundaries.

Peter.

My key is available at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt