MS Exchange server corrupting PGP-MIME emails

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sat Oct 29 14:47:13 CEST 2011

On 29/10/11 14:39, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> On 29/10/11 13:31, Jerry wrote:
>> Thank you. I sort of have a contact at Microsoft that might be able to
>> lend me some assistance. However, I would need very specific
>> information.
>
> Wouldn't the more generally applicable fix be to simply *not* mess with the
> layout of messages going through the server?

Oh, I'm sorry, I might have misinterpreted Jerry. Obviously if you go the right
way about fixing the mangling you still need examples of the mangling to find
out which extension of Exchange do the mangling. To feed to your debugger, so to
speak.

My interpretation of only fixing a very specific instance of mangling is not a
proper interpretation of the request.

So I guess I should rephrase my comment as a request: when this behaviour is
fixed, please fix it for mangling in general and not just this specific PGP/MIME
and S/MIME case :).

Peter.

My key is available at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt