windows binary for gnupg 1.4.11 // compilation instructions posted

vedaal at nym.hush.com vedaal at nym.hush.com
Thu Sep 22 22:51:11 CEST 2011

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org wrote on
Thu Sep 22 22:07:07 CEST 2011 :

>The EFI/UEFI designers went to some lengths to harden the system
against malware -- unfortunately they could only harden it, not
immunize it.

I know only very limited stuff about this, but I thought that this
was mainly to check that copies of windows were 'non-pirated', and
has come under some criticism that they might be able to exclude
some from running linux OS's ...

At any rate, my laptop motherboard, (and those of my friends),
don't
use the UEFI.

My concern is, how vulnerable (in the 'real world' for my limited
threat model, and non-UEFI motherboards), is it to run gnupg from a
usb and an Ubuntu install disk, when booting bypasses the
harddrive's mbr altogether, even considering known bios rootkit
infections?

(or are we drifting into really OT waters already?  ;-)  )

vedaal