windows binary for gnupg 1.4.11

M.R. makrober at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 23:22:19 CEST 2011

On 22/09/11 19:59, vedaal at nym.hush.com wrote:
> I'm booting from a dvd ubuntu install disk.

Yes, there are many threat models where operating from
a PC that is unknown to the attacker to be associated
with the particular target user will be easier to achieve
than preventing the attacker to subvert the PC that is
known to belong to him or her. Depending on circumstances,
this will mean either booting from static removable media,
or running the software without installation from a
portable medium or device.

Well designed security application should not ignore
this fact and the need for this "drive-by" M.O. I consider
the often heard argument "you must *never* run this software
on computer that you don't own and control" as a poor excuse
for inadequate design.

Mark R.