List-packets help

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Apr 5 23:56:49 CEST 2012

On 04/05/2012 03:09 PM, John Gill wrote:
> Please point me to a detailed explanation for the output of list-packets.
> I have googled and read manuals, etc. but just can't seem to locate the
> knowledge.

the output of "gpg --list-packets" tends to make a lot of implicit
references to the tables and packet type information found in RFC 4880
and other standards.

 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4880

Are you looking for answers to a specific question?  If so, you might
have better luck getting those answers by asking the question
explicitly; people on this list might be able to point you to the
relevant section of the standards, and to help you figure out how to
answer your own questions from reading the standards in the future.

hth,

	--dkg