gpg2

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Tue Apr 24 14:20:43 CEST 2012

On 24/04/12 12:41, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 12:04, david at gbenet.com said:
>
>> I have done as you have suggested. It is to be noted that whenever I
>> install a new Linux disro I always run gpg --version - Linux Mint does
>> not create ~/.gnupg automatically one has
>
> I did a quick test by adding a new user on a pretty standard Debian box
> and running gpg:
>
>   footest at soro:~$ gpg -k
>   gpg: directory `/home/footest/.gnupg' created
>   gpg: new configuration file `/home/footest/.gnupg/gpg.conf' created
>   gpg: WARNING: options in `/home/footest/.gnupg/gpg.conf' are not yet active during this run
>   gpg: keyring `/home/footest/.gnupg/secring.gpg' created
>   gpg: keyring `/home/footest/.gnupg/pubring.gpg' created
>   gpg: /home/footest/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
>   footest at soro:~$ gpg --version
>   gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.10
>
> Another new user for gpg2:
>
>   bartest at soro:~$ gpg2 -k
>   gpg: directory `/home/bartest/.gnupg' created
>   gpg: new configuration file `/home/bartest/.gnupg/gpg.conf' created
>   gpg: WARNING: options in `/home/bartest/.gnupg/gpg.conf' are not yet active during this run
>   gpg: keyring `/home/bartest/.gnupg/pubring.gpg' created
>   gpg: /home/bartest/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
>   bartest at soro:~$ gpg2 --version
>   gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.19
>   libgcrypt 1.4.5
>

> Shalom-Salam,
>
>    Werner

Werner,

I too ran the gpg -k on a new user accounts and got the same results as you. The question
is: Are both run at launch time? Or can you set which one to run?

David

- --
“See the sanity of the man! No gods, no angels, no demons, no body. Nothing of the kind.
Stern, sane,every brain-cell perfect and complete even at the moment of death. No delusion.”
http:/counter.li.org 512854