gpg2

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Apr 24 13:41:19 CEST 2012

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 12:04, david at gbenet.com said:

> I have done as you have suggested. It is to be noted that whenever I
> install a new Linux disro I always run gpg --version - Linux Mint does
> not create ~/.gnupg automatically one has

I did a quick test by adding a new user on a pretty standard Debian box
and running gpg:

  footest at soro:~$ gpg -k
  gpg: directory `/home/footest/.gnupg' created
  gpg: new configuration file `/home/footest/.gnupg/gpg.conf' created
  gpg: WARNING: options in `/home/footest/.gnupg/gpg.conf' are not yet active during this run
  gpg: keyring `/home/footest/.gnupg/secring.gpg' created
  gpg: keyring `/home/footest/.gnupg/pubring.gpg' created
  gpg: /home/footest/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
  footest at soro:~$ gpg --version
  gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.10

Another new user for gpg2:

  bartest at soro:~$ gpg2 -k
  gpg: directory `/home/bartest/.gnupg' created
  gpg: new configuration file `/home/bartest/.gnupg/gpg.conf' created
  gpg: WARNING: options in `/home/bartest/.gnupg/gpg.conf' are not yet active during this run
  gpg: keyring `/home/bartest/.gnupg/pubring.gpg' created
  gpg: /home/bartest/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
  bartest at soro:~$ gpg2 --version
  gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.19
  libgcrypt 1.4.5

Shalom-Salam,