Malformed Revokation Certificate?

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Aug 8 10:20:51 CEST 2012

On 07/08/12 15:18, Jay Litwyn wrote:
> I submitted this revokation certificate to a couple of servers and
> they said it was malformed,
> and I had trouble guessing how to generate anything different. So, I
> imported the revokation certificate, exported the whole key, and
> submitted that. It worked.

Now, I haven't ever revoked a key, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it
is supposed to work. After all, the revocation certificate is just a special
type of signature. You don't upload signatures to a keyserver, you upload keys
with signatures to a keyserver. The keyserver then merges in all the signatures
it has on that key.

> gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.2

That's old. Like, really old. Why do you use such an old version?

As for PGP 2.6.3, I believe the idea (IDEA? :) is that if you really still want
to use that, you have to be prepared for some struggles to get all sides
communicating. That's the price you pay.

Peter.

My key is available at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt