[english 100%] Another problem of large key generation

Patrick patrick.pub at nerim.net
Sun Aug 12 15:01:32 CEST 2012

Hi

I made more investigations. I installed the pcscd light, installer the ccid
from the L. Rousseau site, and recompiled gnupg with --disable-ccid. This
time the system is properly generating keys of 2048 (I didn't try 3072 but
should work) but the keypad is no longer active.

Regards

Hi

I saw the thread from beginning of June about the key generation.

But I am trying on an scm SPR532 (the model with the keypad)

Keys up to 1024 are OK and over 1024, I have the messages

Scdaemon[4755]: please wait while key is generated ...
Scdaemon[4755]: ccid_transceive failed: ( 0x1000a)
Scdaemon[4755]: apdu_send_simple(0) failed: card I/O error
Scdaemon[4755]: key generation failed: Card error

GnuPG is the 2.0.19 libusb is 1.0.9 ( even libusb compat is recent )

I didn't try to install any reader driver. the ccid driver is the one which
comes with the gnupg

I also have 2 other problems that might help:

* While changing a PIN the old one is asked on the keypad but I have to type
the new one on the computer

* pinentry crashes the carriage return on the console as on a new line the
cursor goes one line down but not on the beginning of the line

Thanks