Elliptic Curve Cryptography

Hubert Kario hka at qbs.com.pl
Mon Aug 13 15:48:35 CEST 2012

On Monday 13 of August 2012 09:42:04 Sam Smith wrote:
> So will it be possible for me to generate an ECC key when the beta becomes
> stable? I use S/MIME for everything when I use GPG with Enigmail. Seems
> like I should create an ECC key and start using that. Will the manual be
> updated with the commands for creating an ECC key?

Please, don't top post.

Yes, you could, but virtually nobody would be able to validate your ECC
signature as support in clients is non-existing. The only widely used one is
newest Outlook on Vista and 7, but no public CA is giving out ECC certificates
so they won't be verifable anyway.

Regards,
--
Hubert Kario