Signing eMails doesn't work anymore

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Aug 29 09:12:14 CEST 2012

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:48, ricul77 at gmail.com said:
F> Hi Werner,
>
> the ! exclamation mark did the trick!
> I tried specifying the subkey I wanted before, but only the exclamation
> mark makes it work.
> With the exclamation mark, also signing in evolution works again.
> Is this documented somewhere?

HOW TO SPECIFY A USER ID

[...]
       By key Id.

              This format is deduced from the length of the string and
              its content or 0x prefix. The key Id of an X.509
              certificate are the low 64 bits of its SHA-1 fingerprint.
              The use of key Ids is just a shortcut, for all automated
              processing the fingerprint should be used.

              When using gpg an exclamation mark (!) may be appended to
              force using the specified primary or secondary key and not
              to try and calculate which primary or secondary key to
              use.

GPG uses by default the last created subkey.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner