corrupted trustdb

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Sat Dec 8 17:07:28 CET 2012

I inherited a key that was created in 2000.  I have used it to create
signatures for emails and files for a long time.  But for some reason it
fails to work with any version of gpg greater than 1.0.4.

Anyway, I am now running into problems that sometimes this key fails to
properly sign large files.  So I would like to recreate the trusted key
so that (a) it will work with gpg greater than 1.0.4, and (b) sign large
files.

I tried the command "gpg --export-ownertrust" and nothing came out.

Here are the files I am trying to sign (in case you are interested):
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CTM/svn-cur/ - it is the file
svn-cur.01000xEmpty.xz
<ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CTM/svn-cur/svn-cur.01000xEmpty.xz>
whose signature fails.  Almost all the other files have good signatures.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how I can fix my trusted
keys?  Or should I go ahead and create completely new keys?

I'll be happy to provide more details upon request.

Thanks, Stephen