ASCII armor plus? - a main reason I find I and some others do not use encryption is that the messages get garbled

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Dec 26 12:01:19 CET 2012

On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 01:30, phonetree.oo at gmail.com said:
> The insertion of hard returns, blank lines, hyphens and so on is an
> issue I and others I have been trying to get to use encryption
> multiple times.  It is one of the main reasons I don't use encryption

Actually the OpenPGP armor format is pretty robust to the extend it can
be.  However, you are likely talking about mail.  Here I can only
suggest to use PGP/MIME - it is part of the MIME standard and should be
supported by all sane mail clients.  It is a *16 year* old standard and
has been implemented even earlier.

Thus instead of trying to come up with some changed ascii armor, it will
be way better to use an established standard.

If your mail software messes things up, you know what to fix.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner