ASCII armor plus?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Dec 26 19:23:24 CET 2012

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 13:42, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> When the community's flagship mailing lists cannot reliably use
> PGP/MIME, I'm a little cautious about recommending PGP/MIME as a
> general-purpose, ready-for-the-end-user solution.

It is a sad time for standards, I know.  Let's get rid of them all and
use FB or GM and we don't need to care about that all anymore.

BTW, we have patches for Mailman to fix the problem in most cases but
they never made it to upstream.  The funny thing is that Outlook has
become better in this regard over time.  But Mailman: no useful archive,
no proper MIME support, arghh.  I am not sure whether this reflects
badly on standard Python modules or at the diminishing use of mailing
lists.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

p.s.  I guess I better configure Gnus to include your PGP/MIME
disclaimer automagically if  RFC-3156 is mentioned :-)