Compiling GnuPG problem

David Smith Dave.Smith at st.com
Wed Feb 1 11:27:51 CET 2012

Davi Barker wrote:
> Werner,
>
> Thanks for you help. I discovered a list of libraries that needed to be
> installed prior to GnuPG. I got that figured out, but now I'm getting a
> new error message:
>
> compress.c:34:18: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.

It looks like that you still need to install some more packages before
you can start on GnuPG proper.

On my system (RedHat Enterprise Server), zlib.h is in /usr/include, and
has come from the "zlib-devel" package.  Ubuntu might put it in a
differently-named package, but I doubt it would be too tricky to find.

My system also a few other files called "zlib.h", one is from the
"syslinux" package, and the other is in "kernel-devel".

HTH&HAND