PGP/MIME use

Wed Feb 1 22:14:33 CET 2012

Am Mittwoch, 1. Februar 2012, 19:37:56 schrieb MichaelQuigley at theway.org:

> I would be one who fits in the other case.  I've never signed an
> e-mail--no one at our organization does.  (Not that I wouldn't like to,
> but nearly all those with whom I communicate wouldn't have any use for nor
> comprehension of the signature.)  However, I've written scripts to
> routinely sign files for transmission to our bank.  I would definitely
> count us as serious users.

And you perfectly fit the description I gave for "serious users" from my
perspective.

> I'm sure there are plenty of others who also
> sign their business transmissions using GPG.

I don't doubt that. I just don't understand why someone who has understood the
concept and is capable of validating keys of others, encrypting, decrypting
and signing should not use that technology for his email (neither professional
nor private). The people I know who are interested in security technology are
generally interested in spreading this technology (not limited to OpenPGP).

Thus I assume that you are an exception, whatever your reasons may be.

Hauke
--
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814