PGP/MIME use

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Feb 1 22:38:57 CET 2012

On 2/1/12 4:14 PM, Hauke Laging wrote:
> I just don't understand why someone who has understood the
> concept and is capable of validating keys of others, encrypting, decrypting
> and signing should not use that technology for his email.

I have referred to this paper probably five times or more on this list
and other lists.  I really wish people would read it.  I'm getting tired
of answering this -- it's my least-favorite OpenPGP-related question.

Shirley Gaw, Edward W. Felten, Patricia Fernandez-Kelly.  Secrecy,
Flagging and Paranoia: Adoption Criteria in Encrypted Email.
Proceedings of CHI 2006 Conference on Human Factors in Computing
Systems, 2006.

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~sgaw/publications/01Feb-Activists-sgaw-CHI2006.pdf