PGP/MIME use

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Feb 1 23:08:24 CET 2012

On 2/1/12 5:02 PM, Christopher J. Walters wrote:
> I have read the abstract, and admit that I only skimmed the rest of
> that paper.  I find that it is only really talking about the use of
> public key encryption of messages, and the human factors that lead
> to the decision of whether or not to encrypt messages.

Read the paper.

One of the principal reasons the NGO in the study avoided using crypto
was because they were concerned about appearing to outsiders as if
they were paranoids with something to hide.

Why do you want to sign everything?  Because you want to detect if
someone's tampered with your messages.  What are you, some kind of
paranoid who's worried about people screwing with your email?

Seriously.  Read the paper.  It's worthwhile.