GPG installation

Rastogi, Neha (contractor) neha.rastogi at twc-contractor.com
Wed Feb 15 21:46:09 CET 2012

Hi Team,

I am new to GPG. I am not seeing .gnupg directory at home path. I did following:

1.       Go to link http://fadaskeng.com/gnupg.php#solaris for gpg setup.

2.       Download gnupg-1.4.8-sol10-intel-local version from link http://www.portal-to-web.de/pub/sunfreeware/i386/10/

3.       Place file at a location on which gpg needs to be installed.

4.       Unzip file gnupg-1.4.8-sol10-x86-local.gz.

5.       Ask Unix team to install the package using command:

pkgadd -d gnupg-1.4.8-sol10-x86-local

6.       While running package, it ask for i/ps:

a.     The following packages are available:
  1  SMCgnupg     gnupg
                 (intel) 1.2.6

Select package you wish to process (or 'all' to process
all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]:

Select all

b.     Do you want to install these conflicting files [y,n,?,q] :

Select yes

7.       Verify steps from link http://fadaskeng.com/gnupg.php#solaris

gpg --list-keys
-bash: /usr/local/bin/gpg: Invalid argument

Please help!!!

Thanks & Regards,
Neha Rastogi
Business & Technical Ops Team