Trust signatures with unbounded regular expressions

Sean Buckheister s_buckhe at cs.uni-kl.de
Mon Feb 20 01:10:42 CET 2012

Hello,

given a key, I would like to create a trust signature with a specific
regular expression, say "-mail[12]\.example\.com$" in this exact form.
That expression, and thus the signature, would match any domain name
ending with -mail1.example.com or -mail2.example.com, including all
email addresses attached to them. This is exactly what I want, but gnupg
mangles the regular expression to match mail addresses or domains at or
beneath the verbatim domain name -mail[12].example.com.

Is there any way to create a trust signature with that exact regular
expression with gnupg?

 -- Sean