verify TrueCrypt

Marco Dorigo M.Dorigo at gmx.de
Wed Feb 22 10:15:50 CET 2012

Hi,

i have a problem verifying the truecrypt pgp-key. I searched the whole internet already for a solution and even the gnupg-lists archive...

I followed the howto on truecrypt (http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/?s=digital-signatures) up to step 6. However, the last one won't work. I'll try to verify with:

gpg --verify truecrypt-7.1a-linux-x64.tar.gz.sig truecrypt-7.1a-linux-x64.tar.gz

(I tried it already with every other combination I could imagine:

gpg --verify truecrypt-7.1a-linux-x64.tar.gz.sig TrueCrypt-Foundation-Public-Key.asc

etc...)

What I did so far is:

1) Create a key with:
    gpg --gen-key

2) Download the public key of TrueCrypt from http://www.truecrypt.org/downloads2, change into the Downloads-directory and import the key with:
   gpg --import TrueCrypt-Foundation-Public-Key.asc

3) Signing the key with my under 1) generated key:
  gpg --edit-key F0D6B1E0
  I set
  >trust
  to marginal (using choice number 3)
  and then
  >sign
  I sign it with the above generated key and my password.

I think I did something wrong at this step!?

Because when I'm trying to verify it
gpg --verify truecrypt-7.1a-linux-x64.tar.gz.sig truecrypt-7.1a-linux-x64.tar.gz
it just says:
gpg: verify signatures failed: eof

I hope that is enough information for solving my prob. Of course, I downloaded the tar.gz.sig file to the same directory...

Thanks in advance!

md

--

 Marco Dorigo