decrypt-file updates trustdb?

David.Vazquez-Landa at ecb.int David.Vazquez-Landa at ecb.int
Fri Feb 24 14:48:17 CET 2012

Dear Werner,

Yes, I found that option when browsing through the documentation. The reason I haven't started using it is that first I would like to understand why, if I'm just decrypting a file, gpg asks for write permission to trustdb.gpg, pubring.gpg and pubring.bak. In other words, I wouldn't expect my command to have to write anything. Alas, I haven't found enough information on what gpg does when running decrypt-file (or list-keys, for that matter, which gives me the same issue).

Best Regards,

David Vázquez
EDEN Team
European Central Bank
Tel. (+49) 69 1344 7029
Mail. david.vazquez-landa at ecb.europa.eu

Any e-mail message from the European Central Bank (ECB) is sent in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by the ECB except where provided for in a written agreement. This e-mail is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either in whole or in part, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately via e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system.