Trying to create auth key on GPF CryptoStick

Paul Hartman paul.hartman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 07:55:19 CET 2012

Hi,

I got a GPF CryptoStick 1.2 yesterday and have successfully added my
new signing and encrypting subkeys to the card using GPG 2.0.18 and
using it without trouble so far for those purposes. However, when I
tried to create an authentication key it gives this error twice:
gpg: key generation failed: Card error
gpg: Key generation failed: Card error

To get there, I ran "gpg --edit-key <my keynum>", then "addcardkey"
command, chose Authentication key, 4096 keysize, enter the requested
PINs and passphrase, but it results in the error above.

It is likely I'm doing something wrong, but am not sure what... if
someone has any clues, it is appreciated if you can point me in the
right direction.

Thanks,
Paul