Trying to create auth key on GPF CryptoStick

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jan 4 10:33:01 CET 2012

On Tue,  3 Jan 2012 21:16, gollo at fsfe.org said:

> Werner, is that correct? The card you gave me at FSCONS back in 2009
> states that 3072 Bits is the maximum key size. I use 2048 Bit keys at

They state 3072 because that is what GnuPG supported at that time; the
cards supported 4096, though.  Since 2.0.18 GnuPG supports 4096 with
those cards.

There is still no reason to use it 2048 is more than sufficient.  IF you
think you need more, you should ask yourself several questions.  One of
these questions should be, whether you have checked the chip design and
the firmware of the card.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner