Short ID Collision

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Fri Jan 6 12:36:04 CET 2012

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&options=mr&search=0x22AD5874F39D989F&exact=on

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&options=mr&search=0xF39D989F&exact=on

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&options=mr&search=0x6D1A9E70E19DAA50&exact=on

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&options=mr&search=0xE19DAA50&exact=on

> > This is totally unacceptable in my opinion, why do we have such broken
> > infrastructure that it cannot support a simple lookup like this?
thread reference:
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2012-January/043495.html

Thanks for the patch, Dan. Tested with short & long key IDs and fpr of my
encryption and authentication subkeys on OpenPGP card key 0x435BD034.

[Signature key ....: E2B8 43E8 E65E EF41 27AF  A222 2313 315C 435B D034

 Encryption key....: 8C87 E7D8 63B4 0BA0 CE62  BA8B ABFE 8362 C97A C237

 Authentication key: 8841 2F18 79D5 34B8 FA3E  CC56 6D59 9CFB B850 79AD]

http://keyserver.gingerbear.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&options=mr&search=0x8C87E7D863B40BA0CE62BA8BABFE8362C97AC237&exact=on

http://keyserver.gingerbear.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&options=mr&search=0xABFE8362C97AC237&exact=on

http://keyserver.gingerbear.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&options=mr&search=0x88412F1879D534B8FA3ECC566D599CFBB85079AD&exact=on

http://keyserver.gingerbear.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&options=mr&search=0x6D599CFBB85079AD&exact=on

Works fine.

The patch will be in the next release of SKS and until then the patched source
may be pulled from:

    hg clone https://code.google.com/r/johnclizbe-sks-keyserver/

Thanks again for the patch.

-John

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) GingerBear DAWT net
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or

                   Cowboy Haiku -- Reflections on Rodeo
So many Cowboys. / Round Wrangler butts drive me nuts. / Never enough rope.