Encryption with key ID

Remesh_Chandra at Dell.com Remesh_Chandra at Dell.com
Sat Jan 7 01:41:48 CET 2012

We received a public key from one of our vendors, which does not have an email reference. We have imported it to our key ring and it looks like this.

pub  1024D/5XXXXX11 2005-08-08 ABC DEF GHI
sub  6000g/99999993 2011-01-01

We are used to encrypting by providing the email account reference in the -recipient option. Since this one just has a phrase (ABC DEF GHI), we are unable to do so. The vendor's suggestion is to use their key id (0x5XXXXX11) to do the encryption. Is this possible? If yes, what is the command to do so?

Thanks in Advance