[META] please start To: with gnupg-users at gnupg.org, i.e.: To: gnupg-users at gnupg.org

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Mon Jan 30 10:45:01 CET 2012

On 01/30/2012 01:34, Jerry wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 02:23:04 +0000
> MFPA articulated:
>
>> That is an unfortunate consequence of signing my message with GnuPG;
>> all lines lose trailing spaces and any line beginning with a dash gets
>> prefixed with a dash and a space.
>
> That is because you are using "inline" rather than "mime" for signing.
> The "inline"method has been for the most part deprecated.

Jerry, you've been around long enough to know that A) that's not true,
and B) bringing it up only leads to the same rathole discussion over and
over again.

> You might
> want to give serious thought to switching your signing method.
>
> By the way, as clearly stated at the bottom of my post, I do not
> require or want a CC'd copy.

A) how unfortunate then that your signature gets clipped when I reply :)
or
B) Yeah, that's a silly rathole too. If you don't want the dupe, you go
change your mailman settings to fix it. Meanwhile, including the poster
in the reply goes back from before e-mail was a thing, and often helps
carry on the conversation when the list is slow.

... and now we've come full circle ....

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.