[META] please start To: with gnupg-users at gnupg.org, i.e.: To: gnupg-users at gnupg.org

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Jan 30 12:27:41 CET 2012

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 01:45:01 -0800
Doug Barton articulated:

> On 01/30/2012 01:34, Jerry wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 02:23:04 +0000
> > MFPA articulated:
> >
> >> That is an unfortunate consequence of signing my message with
> >> GnuPG; all lines lose trailing spaces and any line beginning with
> >> a dash gets prefixed with a dash and a space.
> >
> > That is because you are using "inline" rather than "mime" for
> > signing. The "inline"method has been for the most part deprecated.
>
> Jerry, you've been around long enough to know that A) that's not true,
> and B) bringing it up only leads to the same rathole discussion over
> and over again.
>
> > You might
> > want to give serious thought to switching your signing method.
> >
> > By the way, as clearly stated at the bottom of my post, I do not
> > require or want a CC'd copy.
>
> A) how unfortunate then that your signature gets clipped when I
> reply :) or
> B) Yeah, that's a silly rathole too. If you don't want the dupe, you
> go change your mailman settings to fix it. Meanwhile, including the
> poster in the reply goes back from before e-mail was a thing, and
> often helps carry on the conversation when the list is slow.
>
> ... and now we've come full circle ....

Unfortunately, eliminating dupes, aka "CC'd" mail is not that easy. I
use to have a sieve rule that eliminated mail that was both sent to a
mailing list and CC'd to me. I even went as far as having the
superfluous copy sent to SpamCop thinking that perhaps the sender might
get the idea that I didn't not want and specifically requested not to
receive multiple copies of the same draft. Unfortunately, over the years
I have not keep that rule updated. Now, thanks to you and a few other
morons, I now have been sufficiently motivated to update it. Thanks
Doug, it is not yet 6:30am and I have all ready added to my day's
agenda.

--
Jerry ♔