KeePass or any other password wallet to store and transport keys

antispam06 at sent.at antispam06 at sent.at
Tue Jul 24 01:45:31 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012, at 16:25, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> A different method I'd like to throw in for consideration is using a very
> strong
> random password generated by KeePass as the password to unlock your
> OpenPGP
> private key.

Yes, that sounds a lot better than what I had in mind. It's also a way
to combine the two, but with less overhead.

> PS: If you do store unprotected key material in your KeePass wallet, mind
> where
> you put it when you want it used by GnuPG. The material could be left on
> your
> hard drive depending on how you do it.

That's true. And that reminds me that my data on a TrueCrypt drive is
still available in plain for all to access in the TEMP folder if I use
unsafely designed apps, which means most of them.