Problem: cannot generate / copy keys larger than 1024bit on my OpenPGP-compatible card

Robin Kipp mlists at robin-kipp.net
Sun Jun 3 15:46:32 CEST 2012

Hi Werner,

Am 03.06.2012 um 12:29 schrieb Werner Koch:

> What reader are you using?  It is possible that your reader does not
> support extended length APDUs, which are required for v2 cards.

Hmmm, very interesting. I'm using an OMNIKEY 6121 USB card reader, which I purchased along with my OpenGPG-compatible card. Since the retailer where I bought it (Cryptoshop.com) offers quite a few card readers, I even made sure to contact them about which reader I should choose beforehand, so that I wouldn't end up with anything that was incompatible... Also, I just made sure to check out their website once again to have another look at the reader's specs, however unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything OpenPGP-specific on there...
Robin