Problem: cannot generate / copy keys larger than 1024bit on my OpenPGP-compatible card

Robin Kipp mlists at robin-kipp.net
Sun Jun 3 17:45:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 03.06.2012 um 16:46 schrieb Branko Majic:

> Well, OmniKey is famous for not working with stock libccid and extended apdus. I had such problems with the OpenSC pkcs#11 and pcscd. Can you try smaller key sizes (never worked with OpenPGP, but it "solved" the issue for me - using 1k keys instead of 2k)

Wow... That's unfortunate for me... Yes, I can generate keys up to 1024-bit in length on the card. However, as I'd much rather use 2048-bit keys, I guess I'll just have to sort things out with the retailer I got it from... Can you recommend another brand that produces readers which are easier to use? E.g. Gemalto or G&D or anything in that direction.
Thanks a lot!
Robin