Problem: cannot generate / copy keys larger than 1024bit on my OpenPGP-compatible card

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 20:17:37 CEST 2012

Hi Rob,
I was having the same issue on FreeBSD & recently manage to address
the issue, it turned out to be the internal CCID driver which was the
cause of the problem, what worked for me was to install pcsc-lite &
libccid, then set my ~/gnupg/scdaemon.conf as:
disable-ccid
pcsc-driver libpcsclite.so

By disabling the insternal driver I was able to able to generate keys
up to 3072 bits on my v2 card using a SCM-335 card reader via
pcsclite.

Sevan / Venture37