no password needed to export secret-keys?

Mika Suomalainen mika.henrik.mainio at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:24:29 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 04.06.2012 17:27, Sam Smith wrote:

> Hi.
>
> When I use the command: gpg --armor --output <document name>
> --export-secret-keys <KeyID>
>
> shouldn't I be asked for the secret key's password before Export is
> allowed to complete? I've tried this on both Windows 7 and Ubuntu
> Linux and I'm never asked for a password. This doesn't seem secure
> to me. I would think that Export should not be allowed to occur
> until after the key's password is provided. Do I have something
> mis-configured? Can you explain how this is secure?
>

> Thanks for your assistance.

This would be a nice feature to have. If you don't receive any replies
about this, you could report bug to Ubuntu about this and mark it as
security problem.

> ubuntu-bug gnupg

- --
[Mika Suomalainen](https://mkaysi.github.com/) ||
[gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys
4DB53CFE82A46728](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/key.txt) ||
[Why do I sign my
emails?](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/WhyDoISignEmails.html) ||
[Please don't send