no password needed to export secret-keys?

Sam Smith smickson at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 4 18:31:44 CEST 2012

ah-ha.

Thanks guys!!

I tried to make a detached signature file with the imported key and it asked for password. I finally see what you guys have been telling me. Sorry I'm so dense :0

Yes, someone can export my secret key from my computer and then they can import my secret key into their computer. But to actually sign anything with my secret key they will have to know the password. This is great. So I see now that even if they can export and import my key they cannot use it.

thanks again guys for educating me.