crypto games

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Jun 4 20:50:54 CEST 2012

On 6/4/12 2:37 PM, Johnicholas Hines wrote:
> 1. Are there any video games which are educational about public key
> crypto? I mean the best practices around use of modern crypto, not
> games focusing on break-classical-encryption puzzles.

There are some serious problems here, not the least of which is there is
no canonical set of best practices!  There are at best a set of
guidelines, many of which are in violent conflict with each other.  If
it was just a set of rules that had to be followed the field would be
much easier, but as it is it's devilishly hard: the practitioner has to
balance lots of tradeoffs in order to come up with a policy that
maximizes the client's satisfaction.