can someone verify the gnupg Fingerprint for pubkey?

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Mon Jun 11 08:34:59 CEST 2012

david at gbenet.com wrote:

<insanely ridiculous amount of untrimmed quoted noise snipped>

> Hello Sam,
>
> Most people are normal users of pgp - I suspect there are few secret
> government agents - not that they are likely to say so :)
> though some believe them to be everywhere.

Secret agents may or may not be here. Actual operatives one doesn't know if
they're here. It's often said the best way to hide is in plain sight. I can
think of a high-level InfoSec official for a branch of the CIA, a former
employee of the NSA, and a few folks paid by agencies of, or directly by their
gov't to write crypto software. Those folks ain't hiding at all.

Poke about on [Cryptography] and [IETF-OpenPGP] you may even find a few more :-)

Just because you don't see a nsa.gov or fbi.gov return address, or the English
or German equivalents, doesn't mean they're not here. Most are regular folks
and like the rest of us, have an interest in crypto and its uses. Sometimes
this interest meshes with their "day job", other times it's orthogonal.

You don't see them, but they're here and on the other crypto lists. ;-)

-John
--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
John (@) Enigmail DAWT net            or: John (@) Keyservers DAWT net