idea.dll

John jw72253 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 20 06:45:44 CEST 2012

Hello. When I had a 32-bit version of Windows XP, I was able to utilize both
the newer version of Gpg 2.0.X and the older 1.4.X version of it at the same
time, and I would like to do the same thing now that I have a 64-bit version
of Win7.  I have installed the newer version, as well as the GPA gui for it,
and it appears to be working well.

Along with the 1.4.X version on Windows XP, I also made use of the
"idea.dll" extension, and it worked just fine. I am wondering now whether
the same "idea.dll" file would work on a 64-bit Windows OS. If so, where
exactly should I put it? The instructions I followed for XP had me put it
into the bin directory and to reference it like so:

load-extension C:\Progra~1\GNU\GnuPG\lib\idea.dll

However, in Win 7 there is no such directory with the installation of Gpg.
Should I create one below the current program installation directory or
simply put it into the program's installation directory where the "exe" is
placed? Thanks.