Robert J. Hansen
rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Jun 22 19:04:14 CEST 2012
On 6/22/2012 11:54 AM, David Chadwick wrote:
> I was demonstrating GPA for the first time to a class of students
> yesterday and a very strange thing happened.
I was able to recreate this on GPG4WIN Win7/64, incidentally. The
problem does not appear to be in GPA, but in pinentry. It can be
recreated with a stock GPG4WIN installation.
1. Open a command window and launch a gpg --edit-key session
2. Execute a command that requires passphrase entry
3. *Do not* shift focus from the command window
4. Type your passphrase. Nothing is visible.
5. Shift focus to pinentry
6. Type your passphrase and complete the passphrase
7. When focus returns to the command window, you'll see your
passphrase has been entered
This seems to be caused by pinentry not grabbing keyboard focus. It's a
serious bug, all right.
More information about the Gnupg-users