Using Smartcards without it's public key

Todd A. Jacobs codegnome.consulting+gnupg.org at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 00:20:11 CET 2012

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Hauke Laging
<mailinglisten at hauke-laging.de>wrote:

> But it the public key technically necessary to decrypt data? I checked what

I *think* this is either because the key lookup is happening on the public
key first, before checking for the matching secret key, or because the
stubs aren't being created right in the keyrings. I am having a similar
problem with signing, even though I've explicitly imported my public key
into the public keyring (using --import, rather than --edit-card), and have
the secret key on a cryptostick.

If you figure out what's going on, it will probably help me, too. :)