invalid gpg key revocation

Sun Mar 4 23:29:30 CET 2012

Am Sonntag, 4. März 2012, 22:13:58 schrieb auto15963931 at hushmail.com:

> how is it then possible that someone
> else would be able to get the key revoked even while I had not
> published it to a key server at all? I mean, suppose someone wanted
> to "mess around" with me and have my key revoked.  How could that
> have been done? Can it be prevented? Thank you.

The interesting question about that is not about you publishing the public key
but about how the person could get access to your private key. It is not
possible to revoke a key without the private key. That answers your question
how to prevent that: Pay attention to it that nobody gets access to your
private keys.

Hauke
--
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814