trouble compiling gnupg

Waitman Gobble uzimac at da3m0n8t3r.com
Tue Mar 13 08:57:06 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm having trouble compiling gnupg v2.0.18. I'm compiling with

cd /usr/opt/contrib/gnupg
/usr/src/contrib/gnupg/configure --prefix=/usr
make -j4

gcc 4.6.2
freebsd 10.0-CURRENT amd64
(umm, kinda, i've been replacing all the ancient gplv2 with latest gplv3 software, it's in a transitional state)

anyhow,
make is failing with 'libgpg-error.a function gpg_strerror "undefined reference to 'libintl_dgettext'"'

I've rebuilt
gettext 0.18.1.1
libgpg-error 1.10

and dependencies.

I was concerned it was maybe linking to leftover stuff in /usr/local/ so I deleted /usr/local (and /usr/lib32) completely and still receive same error. :(

Any help, suggestions or pointers much appreciated!
Thank you,

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA