compilation information ?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Mar 14 06:05:53 CET 2012

On 3/14/2012 12:44 AM, brian m. carlson wrote:
> From looking at the source, I don't believe so.  Note that the only case
> in which you have more than one option is Windows/DOS.

GnuPG compiles just fine under the Intel C/C++ compilers, under the GNU
Compiler Collection, under Sun Studio, under AIX's own compiler and
under Clang.  Probably more, too, but these are the only ones I've
checked.  (What's the standard compiler for OpenVMS?)

There are a *ton* of options for how to compile GnuPG on non-Windows
platforms.  Windows is one of the more limited platforms, since you're
more or less limited to MinGW-GCC or Cygwin-GCC.  The last time I used
MS Visual C++ to try to compile GnuPG, the results were pretty awful...