Testing GPG EMail encryption

Steve steve at gpgtools.org
Wed May 23 19:39:46 CEST 2012

Hey David et all,

first: GPGTools Installer does indeed contain Enigmail and allows installation. Not sure if it has the latest version since Mozilla's crazy versioning means lots of maintenance and we couldn't find a way to automate including new Enigmail versions. Also not sure if it is smart to include it in the future. We'd have to find some smart mechanism to deal with updates.

David, which list are you referring to? GPGTools mailing list? If so, I'm not so sure what you write is correct. Can't recall anybody ever was told to shove off. We had the Inline vs. GPG/MIME discussion in the GPGTools Project and have made a decision for PGP/MIME since we believe that it is the future and is a documented standard. If mailing-list software has issues it is at the devs of that software to step up and continue development of their software. The fact that Werner even wrote a patch which seems to have been ignored is even more frustrating.

If Enigmail encounters problems with mails encrypted with GPGTools, we'll be happy to work things out with Patrick from the Enigmail team. And I know that the GPGTools project was in direct contact with him. So I don't really see the drama. Let's try to be constructive and solve problems. Not cause some where there aren't any.

And as always: feel free to write a patch. :)

<3

steve