Draft of nine new FAQ questions

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Fri May 25 17:02:23 CEST 2012

>> There's a slight confusion in these answers that I think it would be
>> really helpful to address in an FAQ.
>
> Yes, there is.  Unfortunately, the answer is kind of messy.

[ snip ]

Thank you for a really good and useful answer.  I hope some of that
can make it into the FAQ.

If I understand you correctly then the situation is this:

- if you want longer symmetric cyphers, then you are asking for
something that is a mathematical and physical nonsense.

- if you use longer RSA keys, you are being unduly paranoid, and
asking for something that would make life awkward for mobile devices,
etc, but not asking for something that is a complete nonsense -- just
unhelpfully paranoid.

I think it would be good if the FAQ managed to capture that.

Best,

Nicholas