GnuPG 2 + OpenPGP card on F17

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed May 30 11:13:03 CEST 2012

On Wed, 30 May 2012 10:50, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> for a bit.  If anyone has any advice, I'll be coming back to this
> problem tomorrow.  Maybe letting it sit for a while will spur my brain
> into solving it.

The "sudo gpg2" might indicate that root has a running gpg-agent and
thus scdaemon.  Scdaemon requests exclusive access to the card (but see
--timeout) and thus you can't access the card from the user.

The usual debug hints are:

  log-file socket://home/USER/.gnupg/S.log
  verbose
  debug 1024
  debug 2048
  debug-ccid-driver

to scdaemon.conf and

  log-file socket://home/USER/.gnupg/S.log
  verbose
  debug 1024

to gpg-agent.conf.  Then start in another xterm

  watchgnupg --force /home/USER/.gnupg/S.log | tee mycombinedlog

Run

  gpg2 --card-status

and watch what happens.  You may send me the log output.  You may also
try to stop pcscd and add write access to the reader's USB device.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner